Timothy McCarthy II
For three decades, Timothy McCarthy II has represented those accused of crimes in Iowa. Timothy McCarthy is an experienced, aggressive criminal defense attorney who takes on tough cases, be they sex crimes, major drug accusations or complicated fraud matters. He is experienced in both state and federal court, and can represent clients on federal criminal matters throughout Iowa.
Timothy McCarthy earned a Bachelor's of Arts from Drake University in 1980, after also attending the University of Kansas. He went on to receive his Juris Doctor from Drake University Law School.
Timothy McCarthy also taught at Drake University Law School at their Trial Advocacy Institute. He continues to teach lawyers in criminal law seminars.
Active in the criminal defense community, Timothy McCarthy, II, is a Lifetime Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys (NACDL).
- Iowa (1983)
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa (1986)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit (1987)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1996)
- Polk County Bar Association
- Iowa Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Life Member)
- Iowa Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Board Member
- Legal Committee, National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Drake Law's "150 in 150"